Scope Of Work
Machine, coat and post machine brake cylinder bore to
return to correct bore diameter and surface finish.
• Pre-machined cylinder bore to Ø357.15
• Grit blast internally to ISO 8501-1 cleanliness
standard SA 21/2 with a minimum surface area
• Applied Polyglass VEF (with 5% styrene) by rolling
• Assemble valve
• Post-machined to Ø356.1 (+0-0.2)
• Thickness checked and spark tested at 6.5kv
Corrocoat has completed several similar jobs since
October 1996 utilizing its Polyglass VEF coating, which
offers superior corrosion resistance,thereby prolonging
the service life of these brake cylinders with the added
benefit of reduced maintenance costs.
Left: Brake cylinders on arrival in our works.
Middle: Brake cylinder during post-machining.
Right: Brake cylinder on completion.