When power stations have a problem with corrosion, they turn to Corrocoat. We’re always on hand to react to their issues, providing a wide range of preventative coatings.
As well as manufacturing products, our sister company Corroserve has contracts with a number of major power stations to provide engineering services during emergency outages. With over 30 years’ experience in this field, our engineers and applicators can always be called upon. We make it our priority to get everything up and running again.
Photo (Above): Maintenance Painting at FGD Recycle Tank
- Vapor Blast for Surface Preparation
- Plasmet ZF Coating at 8-10 mils dft
- Corrothane PA2 Topcoat at 2- 4 mils dft
Typical power station components we treat include:
- CW system components
- Air receiver internals
- Heat Exchanger Tubesheet Face Lining
- FGD Outlet Duct Lining
- FGD Recycle Tank Lining
- Lime Slurry Tank Lining
- Carbon Filter Tanks, Cooling Water Pipe Lining
- Cooling Water Pump Lining
- Large Bore Butterfly Valve Refurbishment
- Ferric sulphate tanks
- Neutralization Sump Lining
- Generator casing externals
- Travelling Screen Coating
- Sulfuric Acid Dosing Tank Lining
- Sulfuric Acid Secondary Containment Lining
- Caustic Tank Secondary Containment Lining; Clarifier Tank Lining
- Module Cap Lining
- CW system components
- FGD equipment
- Mist Eliminator Beam Lining
- Chimney Flue Lining
- Fly Ash Mixer Lining
- Strainer Tank and Lid Lining
- Maintenance Painting
- Condenser Pump Can Coating
- Hot Well Can Coating
- Circulating Water Pump Lining
Power Generation Case Studies
US102: Slurry Tanks
Slurries are often both chemically and physically aggressive leading to high rates of lining failure. In these instances successful protection requires proper specification, manufacturing, and application of a specialist lining system.
Click to read more.
US109: Butterfly Valve Fluiglide E
A butterfly valve in service at a power generation plant required a programme of refurbishment and protective coating. Click to read more.
US110: ISO Tank Lamination and Coating
An ISO tank used to transport chemicals required a programme of refurbishment and the application of a
protective coating system to extend its service life. Click to read more.
US113: Air & Water Condensate
A separator tank and surge tank operating at a pumped-storage hydroelectric power station required refurbishment work and protective coating. The components are subject to air/water condensate at temperatures up to 2500F in service. Click to read more.
US119: Neutralization Sump: Seminole Electric
Neutralization tanks are common to most industrial plants as they facilitate a sump where the pH of plant water may be balanced by adding small amounts of 98% Sulfuric Acid (low pH) or small amounts of Sodium Hydroxide (high pH) to a body of water so as to reach a neutral pH (7). Click to read more.