US114: 50% Sulfuric Acid
required protection against chemical attack.
The following pregame of preparation and coating
works was specified:
• Preparation: abrasive blasting to SSPC SP10, near white blast.
• One coat Polyglass PPA was applied as a holding
• Multi-axial glass fabric lamination was applied to
the internal interfaces to add strength to the
coating where flexing might occur.
• Polyglass VEF applied by airless spray to achieve
a DFT of 60 mils.
• Spark testing to ensure the coating is free from
• Polyglass VE Veilcoat was applied as a top coat,
specifically designed for aggressive chemical
• Post cured at 140-180°F for 8 hours to ensure full
cure prior to entering service.
• Externally 2 coats of Plasmet ZF and a finish coat
of Corrothane AP1.
Polyglass VEF is excellent in immersed conditions
and provides excellent resistance to chemicals,
acids and demineralised water.