Protection for portable chemical storage tanks.
Scope Of Work
Corrosion protection of chemical storage tanks where previous linings had failed.
Corroglass AR4 system.
• Grit blast to ISO SA 21/2.
• Application of first coat of AR4 was applied,
followed by a 2nd build coat to the required DFT.
• Coating was then spark tested and a third build
• Second spark testing is followed by application of
the veil coat and post curing.
• Airless spray and hand application 6/20.
• Spark test 7130, veil coat application and post
As the porta feeds are constantly on the move, they are subject to mechanical damage, which makes difficult to estimate the life expectancy of the coating.
However, the customer remains more than satisfied with the significant increases achieved, and Corrocoat has now lined more than 300 units using this process.
Left: Porta feeds queuing for blasting.
Middle: Porta feed encased in rubber for
Right: Porta feed lined with AR4.